Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week 2, Day 3

Today has been a good day. It was supposed to be a 2 mile run or 30 minutes cross training.
I did my 30 minute Power Sculpt (Biggest Loser) DVD this morning. It was way easy. My heart rate barely got into the fat burning zone. I have no idea how many calories I actually burned...yes, I had my heart rate monitor on, but after I finished the workout, I realized I never pressed "start"! GRR! But I wasn't even sweating after I finished (not a good sign).
But it was time to get a shower and head off to work.
After getting home from picking up Levi from school. I got the boys a snack, and we talked about Levi's day, etc. They were tired and decided to color and watch cartoons, so I jumped on the treadmill. I ran 2.5 miles, and then walked another 1.6 miles. I did a total of 4.1 miles. I'm soaked in sweat, and feeling GREAT! Why I have more energy today? I don't know, except I haven't been as stressed with meeting deadlines, and I've had a few more carbs today. Good carbs though; fruit (banana, blueberries, apple, and a wheat tortilla.
I need to go make dinner now. My boys think they are starving...yea, it's been a whole 2 hours since they ate a snack. LOL! :)
Later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha-that's so funny-my daughter's the same way-it's like, "I'm hungry!" like they haven't eaten all day. You just ate 15 minutes ago child! crazy kid appetites-wish I had her metabolism, haha.

Yes, P90X is a great workout, so glad I did it. It was the only way my stubborn baby weight would come off. Such a nice alternative to everything else. Isn't it great to sweat though?! I love it. I can see you do too!

Jen said...

It must be all kids!! My kids drive me nuts with that. They get home at 4 and I give them a snack. Matt gets home at 5 and we do our work out. Then we usually eat dinner at about 6:30--but all during that hour of working out they are crying and whining that they are "STARVING". I'm not very nice when i work out anyway...but then constant "mommy, I'm soooo hungry" really make me snap. I'm like "GET OUT OF HERE YOU JUST ATE!!"
(man I sound mean, huh? ha ha)
Anyway, glad to hear you got your spunk back.