Monday, February 2, 2009

Training...

I started my half-marathon training yesterday. I found a 12 week preparation chart online, and printed it out, but I couldn't wait to start on Monday, so I added yesterday in there. :) It was a beautiful, sunny, 70 degree weather day. So we took the kids to the track yesterday afternoon and Stephen and the boys played football on the field, while I ran. I ran 2.5 miles and then walked a lap and played a few minutes of football. Not to mention Seth tried to run the first lap with me, and made it about 1/2 way around, before begging me to give him a piggy back ride. LOL! So I got in a good workout. It felt GREAT!
I was going to try for 3 miles, but Stephen said that was probably a little much for my very first training run. Good thing I listened, because my legs are sore and tight today. If I'd done 3 miles, I might not be able to walk today. :)
As it is, I feel GREAT! I love the rush that running gives you. It just evaporates the stress and leaves you feeling amazing.
Ok, I've got to get to work...then I have strength training and stretching on the list today...I'll do that after I finish my appraisal reports.
Later!

2 comments:

Kate said...

can you share the link for the training routine? I just got an invite to the Winter 1/2 Marathon here, but I'm not sure how many miles you should be at before starting training. I'm usually around 3 - is that enough? They say you have to be at 6 consistently to begin Marathon training, so I'm assuming you can jsut cut that in half for the half marathon? I'm weighing over training solo or in a goup. The training fees and race registration total $100 by me. But then again, if I don't train w/ a group, I don't know if I'll be able to movtivate myself the whole way.

I'm excited for ya - can't wait to her how your training progresses! Oh, and please send some of that warm weather up here, k? Thanks!

XOXO,
K

KC said...

http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/index.htm

Here is the training program I'm using.