Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Nutrition to relieve stress...

I was reading an article and it really hit home to me. It was about how the correct nutrition can help ward off stress. (Don't we all need that?!)
Have you ever gone to long without eating, and then been very irritable and biting everyone's head off? Or am I the only one? Turns out, it's the connection of food and mood. What you eat and when you eat it, has an affect on your mood.
This article says if you eat mostly fresh foods and avoid to many packaged foods, you will increase the anti-inflammatory feel good fats. It also says that Whey protein will enhance mood, especially in people who are prone to stress! This was such an eye opener! WOW! Maybe that's why I've been feeling better lately?! Between the running, and drinking a whey protein shake every morning....hummmmm.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH yeah...so true. And before bedtime..it's a "knockerouter" (whey shake), lol. Great info to share!

Jen said...

hmmmm...I'm a sceptic. I haven't seen any correlation to how I feel in relation to my food intake. I want to....real bad. But I haven't noticed it.
I will agree on one thing though---if I go too long without eating..I am HORRIBLE! I get shaky very easily and extremely irritable and almost out of control when I finally do get food. Like I'm shoveling it in as fast as my hands can go. Then I get shaky again from having eaten so fast. Strange. Anyway, guess I should put your theory to the test before I decide it doesn't work! :o)

I just remember when we first started P90X way way back. I was so excited about how I was going to feel--eating all the RIGHT foods. The right amount of fiber, carbs, sugars, fats, proteins. I just knew I was goign to feel fabulous. But I never really saw a change....