Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wednesday...day 11.

I didn't do the scheduled workout today, because I felt like running instead (need to keep up my running stamina, since I'll be doing a half-marathon in September). So I ran 5 miles. It felt like a struggle for the first few miles, and I was thinking "oh man, I remember when 6 miles didn't seem bad at all...why does it feel like I'll never even make it to 2"?? Once I made it to 2, I thought 'ok, now I can at least make it to 3'...then I made it to 3 and was finally in a rhythm and feeling good, so I just kept on going. At about 5 miles, the boys were asking for snacks, and wanting attention, so I stopped at 5:15miles.

2 comments:

Kate said...

those first couple miles are always the hardest (well, that and the last few when you're running long distance). Doesn't it feel great to get in a good rhythm?? That's the runner's high starting to work its magic on ya! Keep running Kandy-girl!

Here's me thinkin' "wow - the boys are outside running with her! that's awesome!" and the nI realized you're probably inside on the treadmill, duh. I can be so dense sometimes!

I haven't run since (gasp!) the race. I start training again on the 22nd. I've liked the break though, I'll admit it. Been trying a lot of new classes. Change is good, so I hear.

Rene' said...

way to go! I ran 4 today too for my marathon training in November-its crazy how your mind makes it seem so much harder. ugh!