Thursday, June 4, 2009

day 5...

Since I missed yesterday's Yoga X workout, I was determined to get today's workouts in. Today was Legs and Back, and then Ab Ripper X.
I did the Legs and Back DVD after I finished one of my reports/before going to pick Levi up from school. I don't have a pull-up bar, and have no secure place to put one, so I tried using our exercise band for the pull-up exercises, but it just was intense enough and I wasn't feeling it much. So then I started lifting weights to target the back muscles while they did the pullups and then toward the end (I was running short on time, and needed to finish up so I could go get Levi from school), anyway by the last 20 minutes I was just skipping the parts where they were doing pull-ups, and would hit the next button on my remote so it would go straight to the next leg exercise. My legs got a great workout!
Then later I did the Ab Ripper X. Yikes! My legs were very tired and my abs were still tight/sore from doing this workout two days ago. I barely made it through this workout this time. I even stopped doing the mason twists, the last exercise, about half-way through. Levi said "Mom, why are you stopping? They are still going. Are you tired or something?" I then told him that yes I was tired and because of that I was losing my form and was starting to feel it in my lower back instead of my abs, so that was why I stopped.
Anyway today was a great day, and my abs and legs got a tremendous workout! :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Good way to exercise properly girlfriend! Too many people focus entirely on quanity and not quality with exercising. Form is critical. I've "pushed through" before when I was starting to feel it in my low back and I KNEW I should have stopped...and then paid for it for DAYS later. Form is #1. You are always so smart!
Great idea to do back exercises with weights in place of pull ups for now! When I come see you Monday...remind me to look at your door frames and see what I think about a pull up bar. You'd be surprised at how versatile those things are.
I bet your legs were hurting in those first few exercises of Ab Ripper after doing all that leg work. My hip flexors are always exhausted by the time I get to the crunchy frogs after all the in and outs and bicycles.
Can't wait to work out with you! only 3 more days!