Day 3: Shoulders and Arms, and Ab Ripper X.
I did Ab Ripper X, right before leaving to pick Levi up from school. I had just enough time, so I squeezed it in. It was a really good ab workout. Not very long, but extremely intense. I could barely get through those Mason Twists. Yikes! Today I'm feeling it, every time I laugh or sneeze, I feel the ache in my abs. Love that feeling! Yea!!! (this is probably my weakest area, after having babies).
Then I decided to do the Shoulders and Arms DVD before Stephen got home, so he wouldn't watch me and laugh the whole time. LOL! But it was a long workout, and he made it home to see the last 20 minutes of it. But I was doing really well with it, so there was nothing to laugh at. I used my 5 and 8 lb weights (8's for most everything, and 5's for the triceps and straight arm raises). The reason I used these lighter weights is because I saw that this workout was almost an hour long and I was afraid to use heavier weights, since I did need to be able to work today (aka: use my arms! LOL!) but at the end of each workout I wasn't exhausted or feeling a major burn and I felt like I could keep going, and today I'm not even sore, so I'm thinking I should use heavier weights next time. Only problem is I have 5's, then 8's, and then 15's. Jumping from 8 to 15 is a lot. I guess I can start with 15, and then when I feel like my form is getting sloppy, I could drop to 8's to finish it out.
Anyway, it was a good day....
Later!
Best Roller Skates Under $50
-
Roller skating is a kind of sport and one can practice roller skating with
the roller skates. The roller skates come in different designs and with
differ...
5 years ago

4 comments:
Yah...you might look at investing in a set of 10's. I know they're pricey...I HATE that about weights...but my 10's have been my BEST friend for these work outs. I do have 15's that I use for maybe half of the exercises...but for the big majority, I stick with my 10's. I really wish I had some 8's too...but I just have 3's, 5's, 10's, and 15's. Then Matt has his 20's and up.
You might try Criags List. We got an amazing deal on weights on there! You'd be surprised at how many people just "want to get them out of their garage floor" and are practically willing to just give them to you!
I still can't believe I am reading "day 3" on YOUR blog! I am totally excited and now that I know you're doing it, I feel like I have to step it up a notch before you WAYYYYYY surpass me in the fitness world again! Just when I thought I was starting to catch up to you.......
:o)
Love you girlie! I can't WAIT to see you in just 4 days! What kind of work out do you want to do?
Ps. How's the "starving yourself" going? I have done nothing but eat like a PIG since I said I was going to "starve myself". Ha ha...but really...oh well. I doubt that I'm going to impress you all that much more if I weigh 129 versus 132! :o)
LOL! No Jen, I haven't been starving myself (those of you who don't know, Jen is coming for a visit Monday, and we were joking about starving ourselves until then, so we would look super skinny. LOL!) I just couldn't do it...knowing I'd slow my metabolism and my body would start eating away at my hard earned muscle. So I have just stuck with my "clean eating" and trying to avoid "processed foods". :)
oh how fun that you two are getting together next week! take some pics!
Post a Comment