Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 19, Thursday...

Today hasn't been a good day...I'm moody, and craving junk food like crazy....(pre-PMS)
I've totally flubbed up and ate a cinnamon roll at breakfast (those little canned ones, that I make for the boys...they didn't eat them all, and I nibbled at their leftover bites, and realized that I ate those and the last cinnamon roll...oh well, damage is done.....)
So then I did some work, and around noon I took them out to swim. After this we came in and I fed them some lunch, and I ate some leftover turkey/whole wheat spaghetti for lunch....however, I let my hormones get the best of me and I gave in and ate a few of the boys mini homemade chocolate chip cookies. GAH! What was I thinking?! Afterwards I was like "great, I feel sick now...I'm not used to eating sugar...I've totally blew it today". I was beating myself up. So I finished up some work and hit the treadmill (gotta burn off that sugar...before I crash and burn). So I ran, and I ran, and I ran....trying to burn off my guilt at having ate that un-needed, un-healthy, junk. As the sweat was pouring, I started feeling better, so I just kept going. I did a total of 6 miles....I should have probably done about 10-12 to effectively burn off the crap I've ate....but I'll do my scheduled Ab Ripper X, and finish cleaning the house and go do the grocery shopping...and then maybe just eat a light dinner of salad and veggies (healthy stuff).

Why do we do this to ourselves? Let our hormones dictate how we feel and what we eat, etc? Sometimes I hate being a women, with these fluctuating hormones every month. I wish I could just have a magic pill that would even them out, and keep them even all the time...no more ups/downs depending on the time of the month....that or maybe a hysterectomy; just remove it all...but then your still on a pill to supplement your hormones, and if you miss that pill...woo-wee...it aint pretty... LOL!

3 comments:

Kate said...

lol - I've been there sweetie. We all have. Don't beat yourself up. Just eat clean tonight. Look at the positive choices you did make. 1) you stopped and thought about it and the guilt did register 2) you had a great long run! and 3) you're planning smart for the rest of the day. No one is perfect, so don't beat yourself up. You ate it and it's over. Moving along~

Bethenny's book speaks to all of these phrases we constantly utter to ourselves. The mental beating we can sometimes give ourselves. I highly recommend it (the book, not the mental beatings - ha!).

KC said...

LOL!!! Thanks Kate! :)

I'm definitely going to have to get that book now...(and forgo the mental beatings! LOL!)

I did do much better that evening. I had a 6 inch Subway Sandwich, Ham/Wheat. Loaded with veggies, no cheese. It was delish!

Unknown said...

PMS gets me every time! Hey, thank God it only gets us once a month-consider it your "cheat" meal! LOL. I like to keep a humongo bar of 70% cacao dark chocolate bar for "emergencies." So I can tell myself that dark chocolate is good for me and I don't get the guilt, :P.