Tuesday, June 2, 2009

P90X....

Stephen had told me that some friends of ours had ordered the P90X. So when we were at their house this past Saturday, I asked Kim how her husband was doing with it. She said "oh, here" and proceeded to walk over to a cabinet, pull out a box and hand it to me and say "he ordered it a long time ago but has never used it, and probably will never use it, so please, take this with you". She opened up the box, and it was all still packed up, the bonus DVD's were still wrapped in plastic and everything. She did say that the nutrition plan was really good, and when I got home and was going through the box, that was the only thing that wasn't in it. So I guess she had been using it, and it wasn't with the box. But I know how to eat clean, so I will just have to make myself stick to it.
Anyway they are in the process of selling their home, and then moving into a larger home, and she said it would just get packed away anyway, so someone may as well be using it. I was just shocked! I was telling her about Jenni and Matt's success with it, and that I had been wanting to order it, but just hadn't had the extra money and didn't know if I wanted to spend that much money on something I didn't know if I would use or not. So I told her I would use it, and if I get dramatic results, then I would give it back to them for them to use it. LOL! :)

I took my "current" photos, and I started the "Lean" program on Sunday. (I say current, because I lost a lot of weight/fat/size about 10 years ago...so I don't know that you can really call my "current" photos, "before photos"). I decided to do the "lean" version, because I already maintain a decent amount of muscle without really trying to hard, but would like to shed the thin layer of fat that is hiding the muscles in my abs and around my upper thighs.

So Sunday I did "core synergistics" and then yesterday I did "Cardio X" I like the way it counts down the time for you, so you know exactly how much time you have left. Last night when I was doing Cardio X, Stephen came inside to put the boys in the bath, then sat on the couch and watched me. He did more laughing than anything (that little stinker!). I told him "hey, I've never done this before, give me a break!" LOL! Those wacky jacks were really cracking him up....LOL!

I have survived days 1 and 2. These two videos were not nearly as hard as I had expected them to be. (although the drea rolls were really tough! I had to use my hands to push myself up off the floor.) Maybe it's just because it was my first time, and I was trying to figure out the moves, so I wasn't quiet giving it 100% throughout the entire time. Or maybe it's because I'm used to running 6 miles for cardio, and then being totally drenched in sweat afterwards. So I didn't feel like I was sweating enough. BUT my abs are feeling tight today. So that's a good sign. I'm working areas I don't normally work when I'm just running or lifting weights.

4 comments:

Kate said...

oh boy - Jen is gonna love you for this! lol

Congrats - what a great find! I wish you much success. It's great to take on a new challenge after being in the same routine for a while. Makes those muscle fibers fire in all new ways!

Jen said...

Okay..if you did Core Syn and you weren't ACHING...you are obviously in WAY BETTER shape than I am. I've been doing this program for a YEAR now and I still hurt after that video. Cardio X --not so much--but it's still a great work out, especially if you really put everything into it. But honey...try Plyo before you write this program off as too easy. It's like cardio X on crack. ha ha ha
Seriously...if you give 100% during plyo and aren't DRENCHED...you are in better shape than any person I know.
I am SOOOOO excited that you are doing this! (you're right Kate!) Now it's your turn (Kate) to get it and join the "fun". he he he
KC-have you done Ab Ripper yet? If so, I wanna know what you think of it!
oh oh oh..this is so cool to have another friend (that I actually know in real life) doing this program!!

Jen said...

Ps. Kandy, I like your new blog title. So true---it's a choice...choose the POSITIVE CHOICE!

Rene' said...

escited for you, hope it goes well-looking forward to pictures :)