Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday, Week 5, day 4

Today was a 4 mile run. I DID IT!!! Yea!!! :) Even though I was busy, I took the time out to just get in there and do it. Today's run was a little harder than yesterday. Probably because I just ran 6 miles yesterday and then less than a full 24 hrs later, I ran another 4. But I did it. I ran 4.02 miles in 42 minutes. I ran the first mile at 6.5, the second mile at 5.5, the third at 6.5, and then the last mile I started at 5.5, but then I bumped it up to 7.0 for the last 1/2 mile. (I was just so ready to be done! LOL!).
So I did it. I'm proud of myself for not putting it off until tomorrow. Tomorrow is supposed to be rest day. But I will be cleaning the whole house, from top to bottom; since Saturday is Seth's birthday party and we are going to have a house full of family members here. :) Yea!!! He is so excited and can't wait!

Of course on their birthday's they get to decide what they want for lunch, and he chose pizza (he loves pizza, and that is ALWAYS his #1 choice). So we are having Pizza, Cake, and Ice Cream. Hummmm, maybe I should run a few extra miles on Sunday to burn off whatever I eat on Saturday. I just hope I don't over-do-it on my calories to bad. It's his special day, so we will eat whatever he wants...I know it's not the best for me. But I guess this is part of why we workout so hard. So we can actually "enjoy" these special occassions without stressing out about the horrible calories....moderation is the Key! I'm just oging to try to limit myself to only 1 or 2 pieces of pizza (depending on how big they are) and one small piece of cake with a small scoop of ice cream (so I don't feel deprived...otherwise I might give in and eat to much of it later...). So that's the plan. Yall wish me luck, and say a prayer that I don't blow my diet to badly on Saturday. :)

No comments: