We were camping last week, for Spring Break, so that's why I've been away for awhile. (Thanks for checking in on me Kate! You're a sweetie!!!)
Our Spring Break Camping trip was so much fun! It's always nice to get away from everything (tv, computers, work, home, etc). We spent almost all of our time outside. In the evenings we had campfires, and during the days we went hiking everyday; hiked the hiking trails, hiked down to the fishing pond, hiked to the playground, chased after the boys while letting them ride their bicycles, etc. It was a blast!
I actually did my running schedule while we were gone, but instead of running on a treadmill, I was running in the most beautiful scenery, and up/down hills. Wow! Running outside is so much harder; yet, so much more enjoyable. LOVED IT! I think I logged about 8-10 mile a day, between running and hiking. Some of the hiking even had me carrying a 40 lb weight on my back (aka: seth, piggy back riding because he was tired! lol!).
We had a wonderful week, and I could barely move by the time it was over. I was so sore. But it was so worth it. :) I was sad to see it come to an end...
Yesterday we went to church and got home late. I then had to go grocery shopping, and then we started working on our taxes. I never did get my long run in, so I did it today instead. :) It was hard to run on that treadmill (after having ran outside all week, in the beautiful spring weather and the amazing scenery), but I suffered through it anyway.
***On a side note: Kate, are you still getting e-mails from me? I sent you one over the weekend, and then another one today. Just wanted to make sure you are getting them. :)
Best Roller Skates Under $50
-
Roller skating is a kind of sport and one can practice roller skating with
the roller skates. The roller skates come in different designs and with
differ...
5 years ago

3 comments:
Hey Kandy!!! How much fun--camping! All that hiking and running the trails sounds WONDERFUL!!! Glad to know you're doing well! Sorry I've been kind of out-of-touch..but life has been crazy around here lately! I still think about ya all the time though (especially when I'm about to eat something "naughty!" he he) Love ya!!
Great to hear you had a good trip-I'm SO jealous, that sounds like you had such a good time..running on trails sounds like Heaven to me! I'm sure it was to you too!
Yep - I'm getting the e-mails! That's great that you got to train outdoors - great prep for race day! All those hills, uneven terrain, and the other elements help prepare you all the better!
Can you believe how many miles we're putting in each week? Who knew?! Rock on Kandy!
Post a Comment