Wednesday, April 8, 2009

resist temptation:

Matthew 26:41 (New International Version)
41"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

Seth and I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday, so they would be ready for Levi when he got home from school. I love chocolate chip cookie dough, and fresh from the oven cookies....yummmm.
As I was fighting the temptation to give in and "taste" it, this verse popped into my head. It was like a wave washed over me, and I was no longer tempted. I've been working so hard at eating clean, and after quoting this verse, I realized that I could resist the temptation. I didn't NEED that "taste", and after all of my hard work I honestly didn't WANT that taste. So I resisted the temptation.
Then after dinner I was cleaning up before t-ball, and low and behold there was a small bite of cookie left on Levi's plate. I picked it up, looked at it, and was tempted yet again to just pop it into my mouth...but I remembered this verse, and thought "it's not worth it.." so I threw it into the trash. Woo-Hoo!!!! This is the first time I have ever made cookies and not ate them fresh out of the oven (or ate the cookie dough before it made it to the oven). I was very Thankful that God reminded me that I am strong, and I CAN resist the temptation to put junk food into his temple. :)


BTW: I forgot to hit the record button on my way out the door for t-ball practice last night. Do they put The Biggest Loser online, for us to watch if we miss it? I've looked once before but couldn't find it.....HELP!!!!!

5 comments:

Kate said...

good for you!!! where were you this morning when the tiny milk chocolate eggs were calling my name?! lol

Not sure if you can catch the episodes online or not. I still ahven't watched yesterday's episode either.

Got up early this morning b/c the full moon was shining through my window and I couldn't sleep. So, I did weights at 4 am - crazy! But it made up for the missed workout on Monday, so all's better.

Have a great Wednesday! (yay - a "light" day!)

Jen said...

YES! You can watch online! I've done it several times. Just go to www.nbc.com and look for a link that says watch shows or something. Then you can click on the show you want and the episode you want. It's a good one you won't want to miss! The temptation was NUTS!! (maybe I'm not so much like Tara after all!)
Anyway, LOVED this post as this is what I am dealing with right now BIG TIME. (have you read my last blog post? Where I say I need to call you for permission? :o)
I still don't think I'm as strong as you are to not have had a bite of those cookies OR the dough...but I'm gettin' there! Awesome verse. I must print that out and put it on my fridge!!

Anonymous said...

I recorded BL. You can watch it this weekend if you haven't had time to watch it online.

Mom

Kate said...

Did you watch??? it was NUTS! I am so glad Jillian and Bob flipped out on all of them for even taking part. I miss Sione too :( Stupid Ron! He's on my hitlist now - him and his son

KC said...

Kate:
No, I've only found "snippets" of it online, not the full episode. So I'm going to watch it while I'm at Mom's this weekend....