On race day, do not wear shorts that you have to fold the top band down on (to make them fit better).....
I had a pair of short on like this yesterday, while running my 10 miles. I guess because I was so sweaty, they were rubbing on my back, where the folded down band was making the seam rub on me. When I jumped in the shower last night, I felt this horrible burning pain on my lower back, so I asked Stephen about it after I got out. He said it was a short line, that was rubbed raw. So he put some "Neosporine Triple Antibiotic Ointment plus pain reliever" on it for me. It still hurts this morning.
Good lesson learned before race day....only 2 weeks away! Yikes!
Best Roller Skates Under $50
-
Roller skating is a kind of sport and one can practice roller skating with
the roller skates. The roller skates come in different designs and with
differ...
5 years ago

10 comments:
Kandy Girl - 10 miles!!!!!!! You rock!!!!
Another note for race day:
Invest in Body Glide. Seriously. The chafing can be pretty bad, I hear.
Sorry for the ouchies! I was just talking to another woman about this yesterday - didn't know anything was wrong until the hot shower hit it - yowsers!
For me, it's these sore sore chafing toes. I need to wrap them each in duct tape on my long runs now.
Funny what we're learning as the runs get longer. i was going to blog a list of all that I've learned so far. The biggest lesson for me has been what/when to eat. Makes a HUGE difference.
I tried those Jelly Belly SportBeans on my 10K yesterday - not bad. Made my tummy a bit queasy but it soon passed and I had tons of energy. Something to keep in mind . . .
You are almost there!!! I've had a great time training "with" you :)
Hey...buy some smaller shorts woldja? :)
He he he--just kidding but youch!
I know this isn't what this post was about..but I'm curious..are you still doing the clean eating plan from the magazine?
Thanks for the tips Kate. I can use all the tips I can get. This is my very first race. :)
Jelly Belly SportBeans huh...where do you buy those at? Also, where do you find the Body Glide?
Any tips for keeping my feet from peeling? My toes are fine, but the bottoms of my feet are peeling like crazy. Gross!
Jen: I'll do a post about it. :)
i found them at Dick's sporting goods - do they have those by you? really any sporting goods store will have them or you can just google and buy them online.
the only recommendation i can make for your feet is to NOT . . . yes, I said NOT get a pedicure, until after the race. if your feet have calluses or are peeling, they're the natural cushion when you're on your runs, so although it sounds gross, just keep them the way they are for now. then maybe you can indulge in a post-race pedi! i know I'm going to!
Thanks Kate! yes, we do have Dick's Sporting Good Stores here. I'll have to run by there. Thanks for the tips!
Luckily I don't get pedicures often, and was thinking I'd "reward" myself with one after I've actually completed this race. (Since I didn't want it to be ruined by my long runs). Thank you for that information, that's a good tip to. Girl, you are just full of wonderful information! I wish we had about an hour to talk, so I could learn all of your tips and tricks first hand. It has been so much fun training with you (long distance! LOL!). Our races will be here before we know it!
happy to help. I'm just sharing the many tips others have shared w/ me and I really found them useful. I also now get Runners' World magazine and I love reading their tips/articles. Too bad we don't live closer - we could share the subscription!
I concur in body glide, but do you know they have body glide IN POWDER FORM now??! I tried it the other day on a long run, and the stuff is ah-mazing. It stays right where you put it and everything, and last longer. Try it out!
Ok girls, where do you find this "body glide" stuff? at walgreens or cvs? or at a sporting goods store like Dicks or Academy?
sporting goods store. i saw some at Dick's when i was there last week. or you can google it and order online. better yet, see if they've got a website and then they'll probably have a list of stores where it's sold.
Post a Comment