Here he caught me, checking emails, while stopped at a red light.
He snapped some pictures of himself also! LOL!
RACE DAY!!!!!
The morning of the race. So far so good. The weather was 60 and no wind when we left home, so I wore shorts, and my tactical shirt from my last half marathon (that was rained out and cancelled). I also had a wind jacket on, but gave it to my freezing son shortly after getting out of the car, because by the time we got to the race, it was sprinkling and getting colder. So, I was freezing and couldn't wait to start running, to get warm.
Here we all are, listening to instructions....
They then brought out some boot camp people to walk us through some warm ups and stretches. (which was kind of crazy...they tried to make us do jumping jacks and butt kicks forever...which I did them for a little bit, but they just kept going and going, so I stopped (as did most of the other people)..they were trying to wear us out, before running 13.1 miles! No Thanks! I needed to save some energy for the run. I did enjoy the stretching though.)
Finally right before the start, my friend Kara (we went to high school together), showed up. She's in the black hat/top and pink shorts. We only got to visit for a few minutes before it was time to go. I was so thrilled to see her though!
Finally, it was GO time! I'm down there, circled in yellow, taking off and putting in my ear buds. Woo-Hoo!!!!!
Stephen and Levi didn't get any pictures of me, while running the race, or crossing the finish line. It was pouring rain though, so the pictures probably wouldn't have turned out very well anyway.


1 comment:
I'm so proud of you! You're my hero! i wish I could do something like this some day...but I'm just not sure if I have it in me. You're awesome!!
Post a Comment