I mailed off my half-marathon registration/money today. Yea! I can't believe it's only a few weeks away. Where has the time gone?!
I've been running regularly, however, most of my training runs have had to be on the treadmill due to all the rain and very cold windy weather we have had. On the odd, warmer than average, sunny day, I've ran outside. I just hope I'm prepared for race day. Any tips are greatly appreciated!
My weight is finally budging! Yea! I had gotten all the way up to 131! (GASP! of course that was last week, during 'that time of the month'). But it totally freaked me out!! So I've been running regularly, plus I've been trying to really watch my diet, and avoid processed foods again. It seems to be working. I'm at 127, as of this morning. 4 pounds to go, to get back where I was before the holidays and cold weather. Which got me thinking, why is it that I go through this dreaded gain every winter? Every winter for the past few years, I've gained and lost the same 6-10 pounds. I guess I should just be glad that I actually lose it every year, but I'd rather not gain it to begin with! I still work out regularly, if not harder! All I can think is that it is due to us eating warmer foods during the winter, due to the cold. Things like stew, chili, tacos, etc (even though we make them healthy). Whereas during the summer it's so hot, that we basically eat light things such as salads, sandwiches, grilled chicken and fish, fruits, and fresh veggies from the garden. Oh well, I'm not obsessing over it. I'm just determined to get these pounds off, and get back down to my normal weight of 120-123, or maybe even less. ;-)
Best Roller Skates Under $50
-
Roller skating is a kind of sport and one can practice roller skating with
the roller skates. The roller skates come in different designs and with
differ...
5 years ago

2 comments:
I hear ya girl!
If I don't hurry...I'm gonna have a lot more than 10-15 pounds to lose!
"all the way up to 131" . . . LOL - Do you know what I'd give to be there right now?! hahaha But yes, I totally undertand what you're saying. I think the heat and the bloat of summer, plus the fact that we're wearing skimpier clothes helps us eat a lot lighter. When we pull on the sweaters, pants, etc. we unconsciously eat a bit more to keep ourselves warm and comforted. Strange, I know - but somehow we haven't evolved too far in that part of our chemistry yet.
My only advice for the training indoors would be to switch up the inclines on your treadmill runs. IDK what the course layout is, but better to be prepared for different terrains/changes in incline. I trained a lot indoors and was able to finish my race near my goal time. You just have to remember on race day to pace yourself. That glycogen boost will kick in halfway through the race, so you don't want to waste it all during the first half. Are you training w/ any gels, drinks, beans, etc? If not, try to stay away from them on race day. Unless you've trained w/ them, you don't know how your body will react to them. On race day I will advise you that you'll need more than just water after about 45-1hr of running. That's when you need the energy from the gatorade or beans or whatever.
OK - enough tips for ya? lol I could talk this stuff all day! Keep me posted on how you're doing!
Post a Comment