Friday, February 12, 2010

Marathon is fast approaching....

The half marathon is only a week and 2 days away. I feel somewhat ready. Physically ready, just hope I'm mentally prepared also. I've never ran an official race before. I've only ever walked in a 5K fundraiser, a loooong time ago. I'm excited though.

Yesterday I ran 5 miles before having to stop to go pick up the boys at school. I played with them in the snow for awhile, and we had a really fun snowball fight. Later, after I got them in bed, I ran another 3.5 miles (just because I wanted to). :-) I never can sleep well when my hubby is working, and I knew the roads were going to be slick last night and I was worried about him. Rather than give in to the worry and fret over it, I just said a prayer for God to keep his hand of protection upon my sweetie and bring him home safe to me. Then, by wearing myself out with a good run before bed, I slept like a log.

Today has been a snow day, so the kids have been home. We played in the snow some, and I got some work done. Been working on housework, and am hoping to squeeze in an easy run later, just for the "feel good" endorphins...so that my children can live to see tomorrow (before I go nuts-o on them for driving me crazy with their bickering, and tattle-telling). LOL! Just kidding...at least I know when I need a "break" to squeeze in some exercise, so that I will feel better and be a better mother. :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

yes, I wish I could remember that too when I'm getting irritable and grouchy! I tend to "take a break" when I'm in a bad mood..thinking maybe I'm doing too much...and that could be true...but even better would be a workout so I can get my endophins pumpin! :o)
Glad I'm hittin the gym in the morning b/c my hubby is gone AGAIN! This time to Texas/Louisiana and then he'll be in Dallas probably!!