Yesterday I had to work, so while I was out, I stopped by and picked up my race packet. It was filled with goodies and coupons, my race bib and chip timer, and of course my new long sleeve race shirt. Yea!!!
On Wednesday I ran my 10 miles (that I was supposed to do on Sunday), which felt GREAT! Just wish I could figure out how to keep the back of my shorts from rubbing on my lower back and leaving me with a raw/skinless/stinging spot....
Then yesterday after catching up on some work, I ran 5 miles. I love the feeling of getting in a good run. It's so rejuvenating.
Oh, at the sport store yesterday, when picking up my packet, I saw some super cute pink tank tops and t-shirts. If I'd had an extra $20, I'd have been very tempted to buy one. One of them said "If found on the ground, please drag across the finish line", another said "It's not how fast I finished, its that I had the courage to start", and another one said "Running is cheaper than therapy!" LOL!!!! I loved these sayings. They made me laugh.
Best Roller Skates Under $50
-
Roller skating is a kind of sport and one can practice roller skating with
the roller skates. The roller skates come in different designs and with
differ...
5 years ago

2 comments:
I'm so excited for you! Not sure what advice to give for the shorts. Have you tried body glide across your lower back? I know how bad the chafing hurts when you get in the shower after a long run and yeeeoooooowwwsers! it burns!
I'll be thinking of you on Sunday and praying for good weather & a safe run. I already know you'll cross the finish line :)
I just want you to know I would totally buy you one of those shirts if I could!! That is so cute!!
The sore spot on your back sounds awful. I can't think of anything you could do either....short of wearing a different pair of shorts that hits at a different spot?
I hope the rain holds out for you...but even if it doesn't-you're gonna do great! I can't wait to hear all about it! I hope someone will take some pics of you so we can see!
Post a Comment