Monday, February 22, 2010

Half Marathon

Kandy Coomer, TX, Half Marathon
Class: Female 30-34
Gun Time: 01:59:30
Chip Time: 01:59:19
Class Position: 5

Overall Place: 60
Gender Place: 17
Total Pace: 9:06/M

4 comments:

Jen said...

Kandy! YAY!!!!! You did it!
Now...explain these numbers. I don't understand any of that! :o)
How was the rain?

KC said...

The class (they group you in your age group and gender) so mine was Females from 30-34 years old.
The gun time, was when they shot the gun for us to start.
The chip time, was the chip on my shoe, when my foot crossed the start line, to when my foot crossed the finish line.
So I placed 5th in my age/gender class.
Overall place out of all runners, I was #60
Out of all Female runners (all ages), I was #17
my total pace was 9:06 minute mile.

I'll post ALL about the race and pictures soon.
It was a blast though. It was nice at the start, then started misting, then started pouring and hailing! LOL!

Kate said...

Great stats girl! 9:00 miles - woo hoo! Especially in rough weather! I'm so proud of you - glad you had a great experience! So . . . when's the next one?

KC said...

Kate, you know me so well! LOL!!! My hubby even started searching for new races for me, that very night! LOL! I think he was proud of me too.
I can't wait to run another one! It was exhilerating!!!!