Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sore today, Yea!!!!

This 30-day Shred DVD is great. I could barely get out of bed this morning after doing level 1 (20 minute interval training) yesterday. I used 8 lb hand weights with it, and should have probably used 5 lbs. (I normally lift 15 lb and 30 lb dumb-bells, so I figured I would be ok...boy was I wrong! LOL!)
It feels so good to be back into my normal routine, and back to my daily workouts and healthy eating.

I came across a fitness tip this morning that was really great: Slow down and savor every bite of your meals. We all know that it takes at least 20 minutes for our stomach to signal our brain that we are full. If we eat in front of the TV or while reading a book we are conscious of how much we are eating, and tend to eat more.
Here are some tips on how to slow down during meal time:
-Put your fork down between eat bite.
-Take a drink of water between bites
-Take smaller bites, and savor the flavors
-Try eating with your opposite hand, or with chop-sticks. (this would definitely slow me down! LOL!)

Jen, I followed your lead and took my measurements and weight this morning, to see exactly where I'm at: Rib Cage 29 1/4, Waist 28 1/2, Hips 34 1/2, Around Booty 36 1/4, Lft and Rt Thigh 21 1/2, and 21 1/4, Lft and Rt arm flexed 11 1/2. Weight: 128.4

4 comments:

Kate said...

Isn't 30-day Shred great? I love it - especially one days when the weather is too bad to get to the gym. Then again, I'm very partial to Jillian :)

Great eating tips. I still struggle with that - enjoying my food & knowing when I'm full vs. just attacking everything on my plate. Thanks for sharing!

Don't forget - BL tonight!!!! Yippee!

Jen said...

Hey there! Yay for being sore! It's miserable and wonderful all at the same time!
When I measured chest, I measured around the biggest part of my boobs. Maybe that wasn't right? I had no idea. Also when I measured hips--that was around my booty. They should tell you WHERE exactly to measure when you do this stuff!
Anyway, I have done my BL cardio video twice now. I like it. I skip Level 1 and just do level 2 and 3 and it's a good work out. I can burn about 200 cal. in 30 minutes (including warm up and cooldown plus both work outs)
Anyway, I think I might get that 30-day shred one too. Is it all weights or is there cardio in it too?
I wish/wonder if Kim has any videos out? I really like her level 3 session on the cardio video.

Kate said...

Level 3 was a snooze for me - I got more out of Jillian's Level 2. Yes, 30-Day Shred has cardio - each segment is broken down into Cardio/Strength Training Intervals - she's bif on interval training and combo cardio exercies using weights.

Wow Kandy - 8 lbs?! I wouldn't be able to move - ha!

Oh, and a note on the measurements - they must be taken at the widest area. Hope that helps.

KC said...

Jen, on the measurments, I just measured the way I was measured when I was a trainer, and being trained by another trainer.
We measured pretty much everywhere, because you lose inches everywhere. I measured my waist line, my actual hips, as well as lower around the widest part of my bottom. I didn't measure around my shoulders, or around the fullest part of my chest, or my calves, (like we used to) simply because I'm not as concerned with those areas.