Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cardio Max

I am loving this new Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD. You see, we don't have any gyms close by that offer any kind of group exercise classes (which I thrive on, because I'm very competitive and can't let anyone out do me!). But I'd have to drive almost an hour (one way) to get to a gym that offers classes (or anything other than treadmills and weights). My point being, why pay good money to go to the local gym (that only offers treadmills and weights/weight machines) when I have a treadmill, an elliptical, and free weights here at home? It's hard to stay motivated and really push yourself when you are working out by yourself, at home though. However, these new videos are GREAT! I strap on my heart rate monitor and go to town. I love seeing exactly how many calories I'm burning, and it helps me push myself even harder.
I also have the Body Sculpt Max, and Jillians 30 day shred. All of these videos are great! Just the added motivation, and change to the routine, that I needed. I'm actually sore after these workouts. It's great to have that feeling again, and know that you are accomplishing something.

I can't wait for Spring to get here. So sick of this icy cold weather....

2 comments:

Kate said...

ok, so the bad girl in me is reading "strap on . . . .and go to town!" lol I'm bad, I know.

That DVD is a really good workout when I combine it with weights. You're right - why blow $ and gas when you've got your own little gym at home? There's no excuse not to be fit! I've been sick ever since we got home and I am so itching to get back into my w/o routine. Need to feel better though

Jen said...

Kandy, I honestly don't know if i could do it without my classes at the gym. I have NEVER been succesful at weight loss/fitness with using videos alone. I have always been impressed with your ability to self-motivate and do all that you do from home. That's why I think p90X would SO TOTALLY be right up your ally. Have you ever watched their infomercial?

I'm with ya on the weather...I'm ready for SUMMER--or at LEAST SPring!!