Monday, January 26, 2009

gaining weight?

Wow, I saw this article (click here,) and I couldn't believe my eyes.
These clothes are so wrong for her body type, and do nothing to flatter her figure. Where was her stylists? She should have had someone there that was smart enough to tell her "um, yea, high-waist pants may be in style right now, but only for certain body types. They will NOT flatter your particular body type. So no, you are NOT wearing that".

2 comments:

Jen said...

Okay...so here's what I thought.
I HATE high-waisted pants...ugh--gross! BUT...I think she actually pulled it off decently. I mean, I still think she could have looked WAY better in something else...but I don't think she looks awful either. That shot where it shows her from the back...her butt looks fabulous, I think. I mean..it's no J-Lo butt..which is what I would love to have...but still...I'd take J. Simpson's butt over my own any day. And the one where she is signing autographs...she looks pretty small and cute I think.
Anyway, I'm not disagreeing with you KC...I just think that maybe it'll do the media and America good for a change to see an "idol" looking like an "average" woman and not some stick-figure barbie doll.
BTW...speaking of high-waisted pants. I ordered some capri's from Old Navy last week online. They got here a few days ago and I was thinking, man these look really cute. Then I put them on. Oh My gosh! They came up about 2 inches ABOVE my belly button! I thought I was gonna puke! I couldn't get them off fast enough! I DEFINITELY do NOT have the right body for high-waisted anything. I have such a short waist that if I get anything above my belly button, it's right underneath my bra! ha ha

KC said...

They had a whole thing on TV about this last night. They were interviewing her old trainer, and showing old video of her from her "Daisy Duke" days. She admitted then that she didn't like working out and that going to the gym and eating right were very hard for her.
Some people were thrilled to see her looking more curvy, like the average woman. Others couldn't believe that she went from "Daisy Duke" shape, to this current shape.
I don't think it would NOT have been as shocking, if she was wearing something a little more figure flattering for her body type.
Yes, curvy and healthy is a good example for our young girls. But I just hope she gets herself back to her workouts, for her own health and well-being, before the extra weight keeps adding up and she finds herself overweight.