First off, this Half Marathon has got to be the most FUN half I have ever ran. The course was GREAT, even with the hills. It started out as cloudy and cold, but it wasn't to far into the run, the SUN started shining! This is the first half I have ever ran, where the sun actually shined! It was windy, but I'd rather deal with the wind, than with the rain/lightening/hail that we had when I ran this race last year.
My AMAZING husband and sons met me along the course TWICE! Made my day! This is the first race that I've ever ran, where I saw them along the course. It gave me an extra boost of inspiration and energy when I saw them cheering!
Around mile 6 we made two quick turns in a row, between some landscaping, getting back onto the sidewalk. At this point, I felt a sharp stabbing pain in my right knee. It felt like it was about to give out under me, but I kept pressing forward. I ran with a limp for about a minute, and then it subsided somewhat, into a dull ache (which stayed with me for the entire race. boo.) I knew I wouldn't be setting a Personal Record during this race, due to the pain, so I just vowed to finish, running the entire thing. I refused to have to stop and walk. So I decided to enjoy the scenery and experience of the race, and the beautiful day.
I crossed the finish line at 1:58:something. I don't have my official chip-time yet, but will post it once they make it available. It should be a little less than this. Not a PR, but I'm more than happy with it. :-) It was a GREAT day!
Gotta tie my shoes and get them all ready with double-knots.
Warming up and Stretching..
Gotta get the ol' tunes strapped on and ready to go.
waiting for the race to start...
Bye Y'all!
Between mile 5-6 I saw my handsome husband two beautiful little boys cheering for me! Talk about good for the soul. Gave me such an inspirational boost!
Since the sun had came out, they handed me my sunglasses. Yea!!!
Thanks Guys!!
Around mile 10. I was soooo tired and ready to stop...but then I saw my handsome hubby and boys up ahead! Yea!! Just the energy boost I needed.
(Thank you Stephen. It meant the world to me to see y'all along the race path.)
Giving my boys high-fives as I ran by!
Coming up to the finish line. YEA!!
CROSSING the Finish Line! Even Better! LOL!
I'm Done! Thank you God!
Me and the most amazing husband a woman could ever dream of. Thank you Babe!
What a WONDERFUL Day!

2 comments:
I LOVE that look of relief on your face after you finished - priceless!
Congrats KandyGirl - I am SO proud of you! You inspire me to keep getting better and stronger every day.
yeah! good job!!!
Post a Comment