I read an article today about how so many people eat mindlessly, and then pack on the pounds and think "how did that happen?". I'm sorta in this boat I think. I'm so busy that I usually tend to eat a baggy of nuts or protein bar for lunch, while driving between or after appraisals. Or I eat breakfast and/or lunch while working on the computer. I very rarely actually just take the time to sit and eat a meal, without multi-tasking. And lo and behold, I was in tears yesterday because the scale said I have gained 2 lbs since Thanksgiving, and my jeans were a little tighter than usual. I couldn't believe it! I swore I wouldn't gain any weight over the holidays this year. I've been working out, and trying to eat healthy, but I guess this winter appetite is catching up to me. I always tend to eat less in the summer, because it's so hot outside (and we basically live in shorts and bathing suits throughout the summer). So we eat a lot of salad and sandwiches. But in the winter it's so cold we eat a lot of soup, chili, stew, etc. I make it all healthy, but i guess it's all still higher in calories than salad and sandwiches, and the extra calories are starting to catch up to me, even though I'm exercising and running around non-stop.
Anyway, back to my topic.
If we are eating when focused on something else, we don't realize when we are full, or how much we have eaten. So if you are putting on a few pounds also, here are a few tips I came across, to help us avoid this mindless eating.
-Don't eat while standing up, in the car, working at the computer, or when you don't have time to sit down and really focus on your meal. If you sit at mealtimes and pay attention to what you are eating, you will notice when you're satisfied, and you'll be less likely to overeat!
-Don't skip meals. It will just make you extremely hungry and then more likely to over-eat later.
-Take up a hobby that you've been wanting to do; reading, puzzles, (blogging), anything to keep you from being bored and eating to fill your time.
-Brush your teeth. Food doesn't taste good or even seem appealing when your teeth and mouth are minty fresh.
-Hot Tea; warm tea in your stomach will keep you from feeling hungry.
-Chew Gum. You wont want to eat, or snack on little bites here and there, if you are chewing gum. I like to chew minty gum, especially when cooking, or baking. It really does help!
Hope these will help you, (and me) to ward off the dreaded winter pounds. :-)
Best Roller Skates Under $50
-
Roller skating is a kind of sport and one can practice roller skating with
the roller skates. The roller skates come in different designs and with
differ...
5 years ago

1 comment:
Plating everything you eat really helps too - then you're eating deliberately, and not merely as a reaction. If it takes time to cut up the food, lay it out on a plate, set out a napkin, etc. you might think twice about grabbing it. Then again, when our food is plated and set out before us, we also truly enjoy it more and engage with eating to nourish over eating out of boredom or another emotion. Good tips!
Post a Comment