The last few weeks have been super busy (since the housing rates are the lowest they have been in something like 50 years, everyone is refinancing and keeping us busy! YIPPY!!!!) Because of this, I hadn't worked out in over a week. I wasn't able to keep up with my home chores (grocery shopping, cooking, laundry, cleaning, etc) on top of working everyday, and rushing the kids around everywhere. I was in a major workout slump. How do working mother's find time to do it all?! Finally I realized that I just don't feel my best when I don't take the time to workout. It HAS to be a priority. During the week, I just need to make myself get up early and workout before the kids get up, that way I have it done and out of the way. Then if I get busy with lots of work, at least I wont be missing out on my workouts. (It's either that or stay up late. I don't know about you, but once my hubby and kids are going to bed, all I want to do is go to bed and crash too).
This time of year it is so easy to throw your healthy eating habits aside, when you are constantly bombarded with yummy food you would normally not eat or have around the house. I'm trying to limit myself, and keep everything in moderation. Luckily I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any either. I felt like I was losing some muscle tone/size in my legs, with not working out last week. My current goal is to gain back my muscle tone, and continue to maintain my current weight/size through this holiday season....oh, and try to avoid over-eating during the next few weeks while visiting family and celebrating this holiday season.
I'm excited that Biggest Loser will be starting up again in Jan! Yea!!! Just the motivation I need. I love watching that show, and being inspired to push myself harder in my workouts. I was especially excited to see Michelle win the title of "The Biggest Loser" last week. She definitely deserved it!
Merry Christmas, and take the time to really ENJOY your holiday with your families. Just remember "everything in moderation". You CAN have a taste of your favorite foods, just don't over-indulge. And most of all; MAKE TIME to squeeze in a workout! (even if it's only walking around the block for 20 minutes, it's better than doing nothing!) :)
Best Roller Skates Under $50
-
Roller skating is a kind of sport and one can practice roller skating with
the roller skates. The roller skates come in different designs and with
differ...
5 years ago

3 comments:
First of all--WHAT a CUTE picture of you and Stephen in your sidebar there! You look HOT!
I agree about the holidays and eating and working out. I NEED my workouts. They determine whether I'm going to feel chirpy and energetic or sluggish and grouchy. No one wants a lazy grouch around at Christmas, right? I am SO LOOKING forward to my classes at the gym this morning!
I agree..if I can just maintain till Jan 1, I'll be happy. Then I'll start losing again. Period.
Love you girlie!
First off - great pic! You guys are adorable! So jealous of that cute little tummy. We can't get away w/ that up here for risk of frostbite! Totally agree w/ making workouts a priority. Just like brushing our teeth or taking a shower - it just HAs to be part of the daily routine for me to have a good day. There's no other way for me to beat the holiday blahs, depression, and stress than for me to burn it off w/ a good workout. Spending two hours at the gym today and hubby totally understands (God bless him) b/c he knows I will be so happy afterwards. Good luck w/ all those foods around (you're always so good though :) Yeah for BL - I'm so glad it's going to be back on - don't know how long I could go w/o seeing another episode - ha!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Loves ya,
K
Ah, Thanks Girls! That pic was taken of us at the Christmas Party. It was nice and warm that day, around 75. It was GREAT! :)
Post a Comment