Thanksgiving was great, and I ate good at my grandma's...but then we spent the weekend with my husbands family and there was YUMMY food in front of me all weekend. Lets just say that his sister had made the MOST DELICIOUS Chocolate Pie ever (and I'm not even a chocolate freak, but it was SO GOOD!) Then his mother made fresh, home-made, from scratch rolls. They were so scrumptious! I couldn't help myself....and I haven't been eating bread, but i just couldn't pass those up...when will I get the chance to eat those melt in your mouth, buttery, yummy rolls again?! I know, I know...I didn't "need" it, but it sure was good!
Needless to say, I came home depressed...when I stepped on the scale the next morning, I was so disappointed with myself. I had gained a whopping 4 lbs over the weekend! YIKES! I was already up 1 lb the day we left (due to water retention...it was about my time of the month). So anyway, I now had 5 lbs to lose..just to get back to where I was.
I have been working my butt off this week (literally!). I'm now down 2 lbs...so I have at least 3 more to go. I would be happy to lose 7 though, instead of just 3. That would put me back at 120. I'm the most comfortable around 120. 117-122 is my "happy range" that I try to stay within.
Anyway...
Last night Stephen brought me home is Heart Rate Monitor. He hasn't been using it, and I thought it might help me to see how many calories I'm burning during my workouts (since my treadmill and elliptical give the calorie burn of the "average" sized person, and I know mine is less because of my size.) Anyway, I did the elliptical and did some weight training while watching Biggest Loser today. I worked out for 1 hour and 24 minutes and burned 768 calories!!! Woo-Hoo!!! I was very excited! This is becoming my new best friend. Or course it beeps at you if your heart rate gets below your "zone" or above your zone. It was beeping at me for the first minute or so...and then it was beeping at me for my heart rate being above 160 during the hardest parts (highest resistance) on the elliptical. But I pushed on through it, beeping and all...I was sweating up a storm and was soaked by the time I got off and grabbed the weights. It sure felt good, especially when I saw how many calories I burned! :) (Jen, now I see why you like your heart rate monitor so much!)
Best Roller Skates Under $50
-
Roller skating is a kind of sport and one can practice roller skating with
the roller skates. The roller skates come in different designs and with
differ...
5 years ago

3 comments:
Exactly! I hate doing a work out without it now!
I know this sounds weird and VERY ironic...but I'm proud of you for having some chocolate pie and eating the rolls. I can only say that because I KNOW you will come home and work it off...but it's good to enjoy things sometimes and not always be the food-police, I think. Plus, it shows the rest of us that you are a real person! ;o)
As for Vicky, I came a cross a new name for her--just leave off the "v" and you've got it. ICKY.
(I read that on another blog yesterday! ha ha)
Awesme! I'm so jealous! I've been wanting one of those HRMs so badly. Wow - you burned a ton of calories - good for you! You'll take off those few pounds in no time, I'm sure. Just remember, a fat day for you is still a dangerously skinny day for me :) You enjoyed the foods and the time w. your family - there's no shame there. What's important is that you're working your butt off.
or how about VICious for Vicky instead? I was goign to say Vixen, but that sounds to sexy . . . . which she's not!
Post a Comment