Friday, August 28, 2009

Update...

I'm still here, really...
The kids started back to school this week, and I've been working a lot! (Praise the Lord!!!) So I simply haven't had time to get on here and update ya'll on the happenings.
for my birthday my mom got me the Wii Personal Trainer program. It's never the same thing twice, which I like. I do the high intensity version, and it definitely gets me sweating, and the workouts are only about 30 minutes, which I love! They are full of lunges, squats, jumps, weight training, dance, tennis, etc. It's really fun, and I'm enjoying it. It's a nice change, and it is also giving my knee a much needed break from running.
My half-marathon is supposed to be at the end of September, but if my knee doesn't heal up in time, I may just have to pass on this one. I've been so looking forward to it, but it isn't worth ruining my knee over...and at this point, it really needs the time to heal. Then I can start back out slowly with my training, and build back up.
Okay, gotta go. Later!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey There! Glad to see you're alive! hee hee
Yay for lots of work (and paychecks!)
We miss you around here...but totally understand. You're smart to take care of that knee. I'll be believing with you for completely recovery so you can do your half-marathon!
Love ya!