Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wednesday

My knee has been giving me fits. After running last week, I could barely walk or move without pain the next day. So yesterday, instead of running, I decided to do CardioX. Just the little bit of jumping involved in that, had my knee aching a little bit, but not as bad as when I run long distance...and at least I got a workout in.
Today I mowed, for forever it seemed. I'm zapped from all that time out in the sun/heat. But I'm still planning on doing some form of exercise tonight. Whether it is run (a short distance; a few miles), or do a workout DVD, I'm definitely going to do something (to ward off PMS symptoms...I'm feeling the irritability creeping on....so I need to nip it now with some good ole fashioned exercise, to pump up those "happy" endorphins! :-)
I hope you are all having a wonderful, active summer.
Later!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Kandy!
Man...so sorry to hear about your knee. I remember back when I was preparing for my 5K and my knee was doing what you're describing. I could hardly go down stairs or do ANY running. It was awful and very frustrating. I rested it for a couple of weeks though and it got completely better. I hope you get better quickly! So...did you think about me yesterday when you were pounding out CardioX? :o) I can't do that workout without thinking of you and our fun time doing it together!
You are so smart to get those happy endorphins flowing before PMS takes over! I have a MONSTEROUS zit coming up on my chin and my 'girls' are SORE...so it must be getting to be that time for me too. woohoo...:o(

Jen said...

OMG---HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate said...

Sorry bout the knee Kandy. Best to rest it rather than aggravate it any further.

And smart, smart girl for recognizing that exercise is the SMART way to boost your mood. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Rene' said...

hope your knee is feeling better. looks like I missed your bday---hope it was great!!!!!