Wednesday, March 10, 2010

back to running

I haven't ran in a full week. Not since last Tuesday. Sure I've been active, but not actually running, which is my stress reliever.

Today, I've been extremely busy and stressed. Levi has been sick with Strep throat since Sunday, and then Seth woke up with 102 fever this morning. I took Seth to the doctor and yes he now has strep also. After this, we had to run errands (renew camper registration, take books/movies back to library, pay water bill, etc). I got home and have 3 reports to type up, and also got 2 new orders in. I made lunch, then started on work. I completed one report and research/scheduling on the other two. By this point, I knew I needed to squeeze in a run. I didn't feel like it. My body was tired. My mind wasn't in it. But I KNEW I would feel better if I just got in there and got started, and then my mind would be clear and I would be able to get more work done tonight (after getting the boys in bed).

I changed my clothes, then got distracted with laundry, and realized I was unconsciously putting off running. So I got the boys settled in with a movie and told them mommy was going to take an hour and run. I went in my room, shut the door, stretched, and got on the treadmill. I started out at a slow run for the first mile, then amazingly my body started warming up and feeling better. I sped up, and my body naturally settled into a rhythm and it became so much easier. I ended up running 5 miles. I didn't really want to stop, but I was worried about my sick baby and told myself "don't push it, you can run again tomorrow". :-)

Spring break is coming up next week. I can't wait! Plan on getting some good outdoor running in.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You're so dedicated! It's not too hard to be dedicated when you know how good it makes you feel and how much better you'll be able to perform the daily tasks afterwards though, huh? The hard part is just STARTING! You still inspire me Kandy! What a good mommy, wife, worker , woman and friend you are!

KC said...

Ahhh, Thanks Jen! You inspire me also...to know where we came from, and to see you transform right before my eyes over the past few years, it's been amazing! Let's just keep pushing/inspiring each other okay?! ;)