Monday, March 22, 2010

Camping=Great Exercise and Relaxation

We went camping for Spring Break last week. We had so much fun!

Everyday we hiked up/down trails, plus rode our bikes. But I also got a few good runs in. With all of those hills though, I was sore by the end of the week! It was GREAT!!!

On Sunday, my hubby and I went for a 6 mile run on a multi-use trail which was mostly gravel and a few areas of concrete...and for the FIRST TIME EVER, I didn't have to stop for a breather when running with him! Yea!!!! We were running up and down some pretty good hills to. I was very proud of myself.

Then on Monday we mostly hiked and rode bikes.

On Tuesday I ran 5.5 miles by myself, around the park.

Wednesday I ran 3.5 miles, around the park, and rode bikes/hiked

Thursday, the boys and I went on a 2 mile hike, and later rode bikes, before we had to leave. None of us wanted to go home. We had way to much fun.

Friday I had to work, and didn't get any official exercise.
Saturday, again, work, no exercise.

Sunday, I ran 5.25 miles on the treadmill since there was SNOW everywhere and church was cancelled. (Yes, Snow, in TX, in the middle of March....that is just SO WRONG!) I also did Ab Ripper with my handsome hubby. We both started P90X yesterday (me again, him for the first time). Of course I have to adjust my workouts around my training schedule for the half-marathon also, but I'm going to get it in there one way or another.

No comments: