Wednesday, September 16, 2009

lacking motivation....

ever get the feeling "why bother?" "who really cares?" "why do I spend all this time working out, and just always look the same?"
that's where i am right now. I'm bored, I'm lonely, I'm tired, I'm lacking motivation....
Actually to be honest, I haven't worked out in 2 weeks! :o Yikes!!!
Honestly, I've just been really busy with work, and then when I'm not working, I've been doing household chores and homework, taking care of the boys, grocery shopping, etc. I don't stop until I crawl into bed, and then it all starts again around 6am.
I was "resting" in order to let my knee heal, then I realized "time flies", and it's been 2 weeks since my last run. Which is probably good for my knee...but not good for my mind, or spirit. I'm in a funk....

Watching Biggest Loser usually inspires me, and I watch it while on my elliptical. But last night, was the first break I have taken from work/chores, and I actually sat on the couch with my hubby and watched it. I didn't feel the least bit guilty. I simply enjoyed the time, relaxing with my husband, and not thinking about the stresses of daily life. I cried when watching, and hearing Abby's story. It made me thankful for my family, and hug them a little tighter last night.

I'm determined to get some sort of workout in tonight...I need it...I need those endorphins for my sanity...my body is at a plateau (has been for years now) and I can't seem to get it to change anymore, but you know what; I'm sick of obsessing over perfection....

2 comments:

Kate said...

first off, I feel you on the funk thing. It's been ohhh . . . . a good month - month and a half since my last workout and it's really got me in a mental hole. I keep saying "well, I'm tired, I have no energy" but laying on the couch and sleeping just doesn't give me that boost I need either. just causes my to dig further in my hole.

second, Kandy-girl, just what are you trying to change about your body? You are SO fit and SO toned - ceratinly an inspiration to me as I look at my doughy areas! lol I know we are all our own worst enemies, but let me tell you, you are one hot, fit, smokin' mama and I don't think you need to change one blessed thing :) Just exercise to stay in that great shape, keep your body healthy, relieve stress, and clear your head. OK, 'nuff said :)

Oh that poor Abby! My heart just ached listening to her relive that nightmare. I have NO idea how she gets out of bed everyday, but for the grace of God. She is one incredibly strong woman and I am really excited for her journey on the show. All of them really, but I've got a soft spot for her :)

Hope you and I can find the motivation to get out there and sweat some this week. Sounds like we both could use it!

Jen said...

yah...what Kate said!
You're GORGEOUS! You're HOTT and you're my role model! Always have been...always will be!
(no pressure though!)
The funk you're speaking of? YES! I've been in that funk for a while. I can't seem to get the stupid scale off 134 to save MY LIFE. I may creep down to 129 occasionally but it's like a TEASE because I put that 5 pounds back on so fast that I won't see 129 for months again. Ugh. I'm sick of trying so hard sometimes, ya know? I mean...right now I have a LOT of reasons to be motivated (about to start teaching fitness classes in 10 days twice a week, going to a formal BALL in a few months, my jeans don't fit) but I still can't get enthused enough to stop eating like a HOG. Exercise is still good and on track..but the eating. no.
I don't care what ANYONE says, I KNOW for a FACT that my butt and hips have grown since summer. and not in a good-muscular way. In a fat, flabby sort of way. It's gross. I'm discouraged. I honestly think if Matt would get back into the swing of eating healthy/working out with me...it would be SO MUCH easier...but he's been kind of "off" lately too. Anyway, I'm sure this didn't help you any...but you can at least KNOW that I'm right there with ya. :o)
Love you my friend!