Sorry I've been neglecting my blog lately. :-( My oldest son is in baseball, and it has rather consumed all of our free time lately.
This Friday I am going to be doing the Relay for Life! Can't wait. It's such an amazing event, and I do it in honor of my grandfather (Papaw). We lost him to cancer about 5 years ago. He had cancer when I was little, and won that battle. But later in life he got a different kind of cancer and he fought it hard, but it eventually spread to his bones and then his brain and he lost the battle. Therefore, I do this Relay in honor of him, and to help other families to hopefully WIN their battle with cancer. It's an emotion and fun night, and I can't wait.
I am still running. Love it! I'm planning to do a 10K in June, and then I'm planning to run the Hottest Half in August. Crazy I know, but "why not". :-)
Hope you are all sticking with your workouts, and reaching your goals! Bikini season is almost here! Yea!!!
Best Roller Skates Under $50
-
Roller skating is a kind of sport and one can practice roller skating with
the roller skates. The roller skates come in different designs and with
differ...
5 years ago

2 comments:
What a great cause! I hope you have a great run!
We're doing a Breast Cancer walk on Mother's Day in honor of my mom. That's all she wants for her gift and this year will be pretty emotional, I'm sure.
Happy running!
Oh Kate! That sounds like it will be an amazing walk for both of you. Emotional, yet fulfilling, all at the same time.
I will do this relay from 7pm-7am, it's emotional, tiring, but so symbolic. As the sun goes down (the cancer diagnosis), the darkest hours of the night (the battle against cancer, both emotional and physical), and then the dawn with the light shining through at the end of a long process (the battle against cancer is won). Oh, I tear up just thinking about it... Can't wait! Ready to save some lives, and help those who have won or who are battling, to celebrate the victory and triumph over cancer! Yes!
Post a Comment