Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Running

I LOVE running!!!!  However, I have been nursing an achy knee for the past few weeks. :-{  But I think it's finally starting to get better.  I actually ran hills at my mom's house yesterday for 50 minutes, and it never did hurt.  Yea!!!  I am sore today though. Mostly in my calves and booty...LOVE running those hills.  I also got to pepper-spray a yappy dog.  It ran out of someones front yard, into the street, right up to my ankle, and I moved my ankle out of the way right as it was trying to nip me...as I lowered my arm and sprayed. Nailed it right in the face!  If I can spray my own foot and hit the dadgum dog, that's a problem and it deserved to be sprayed. If it's owners didn't want it sprayed or ran over, they should keep it in a fence....anyway, I looked back as I was rounding the end of the block and it was going crazy rubbing it's face on the grass.  LOL!  I cracked up and kept on running, saying "teach you to try to bite another runner!" Maybe it will remember me next time...but I will NOT run without my pepper spray in hand...

1 comment:

Kate said...

good for you! Hills are great and such a good calorie burn. I keep meaning to buy pepper spray . . .you just never know what can be out there on the road. Happy running! Glad the knee is feeling better :)