It was the first year for this race, so it wasn't really huge, but was a lot of fun. There were 48 runners in the 10K (98 people ran in the 5K). I placed 17th, with a time of 54min 16sec.
In my age group, I placed 4th out of 8. LOL! I was please though, because half of the run was 3 HUGE hills up & down, in a row. When you finished them, you turned around and then ran back, so you ran the same huge hills again. It was tough, and the wind was blowing hard. So I was happy with the time. It made me glad that I had ran all of those hills at my parents house back at Easter. I KNEW I could do it! I just had to pace myself.
At the start line, ready to run!
Here, I'm coming back into the downtown area. I was very close to finishing at this point.
.jpg)
I'm waving to my hubby and boys. Mommy's almost done! At the point Seth started chasing me toward the finish line! LOL! He stayed up with me until I rounded the last corner and then ran as fast as I could to the finish line!
Whew, I made it!
After I finished the race, I talked with one of my friends who ran in the 5K, she actually placed first in her age group! I was very proud of her!
The boys played some more while I drank two bottles of water, and ate a banana. Then I got a free cup of coffee and we went shopping. Stephen bought me a new pair of running shoes!!!!
It was a great day!

3 comments:
You are such a DOLL! LOVE the pics! Who takes them? Stephen I guess! Tell him I said THANK YOU!!! Reading the post is fun..but having pics to go along with it is AWESOME!
Great time Kandy! WOW! I can't believe you only got 4th in your age group! I would've thought that would be 1st place!! So when are you doing the full marathon? ;o)
Yes Stephen or Levi take the pictures. There would have been more of the start, but the batteries in the camera died and I was long past Stephen before he got them changed out! LOL!
He is such a wonderful husband. He is a great supporter and very encouraging to me, plus taking the pictures and taking care of the boys while I run. I'm such a lucky woman!
Kandy, We were honored to have you sign up for our race. Coomer has talked so much about his precious family, and I was so happy to finally meet you, Seth and Levi. Keep smiling your beautiful smile! My husband "tried" to keep up with you .. although he didn't, he was pretty proud of himself for running his first 10K. Thanks for being an inspiration! =-)
Post a Comment