I've been working out, and watching what I eat, trying as hard as I can to finally get back below 120. But here I am, stuck at 122. Better than the 124-127 I was stuck at before though. I actually haven't been below 120 in over a year. But back before I had kids, and had lost so much weight, I was around 112-119 steady (depending on the time of month, and time of year). I want to get back there, just to prove to myself that I can (even with my super busy life/schedule/kids/etc).
I did 2 hours on my elliptical on Saturday night while Stephen was working and the kids were sleeping. It was bliss!
I've been doing the elliptical a lot more, because it's easier on my knee. Which is healing up nicely. I can actually run about 2 miles now without it hurting. So I'm making progress.
I didn't run in the Half-Marathon a little over a week ago. We have just had a lot going on, and with my knee hurting so badly, I knew I couldn't run it. Why injure myself even more...
So I'm going to focus on running for fun again, and maybe train for another one next year. I feel like a total slacker for not going and running in it anyway; even if I would have had to walk most of it after my knee gave out. And after it was rained out the first time back in May (which I was all ready to run in then, injury free). But I just have to cut myself some slack and let myself heal up 100% before starting to train for this again.
Best Roller Skates Under $50
-
Roller skating is a kind of sport and one can practice roller skating with
the roller skates. The roller skates come in different designs and with
differ...
5 years ago

4 comments:
I think you definitely made the smart choice by sitting this one out. I am just jealous that you weigh 122!!! I'm stuck at 134. Seems like now matter how much I work out and eat...the scale still reads 134 every single time. I do every kind of workout there is practically (with the exception of yoga and pilates)...well...and I don't do much running. STill, you'd think 2 hours a day 5-6 times a week plus healthy eating MOST of the time would do the trick...but no. I'm pretty sure it's the eating that's holding me back. Has to be. Anyway, I know what you mean about being on the elliptical for 2 hours while hubby is gone and kids are sleeping being bliss. I LOVE to get things done while I "have the house to myself"--exercise included. Glad you're knee is getting better! Love and miss you!
Jen u work out way more than I do. I seriously think the only difference in our weight is due to you having more muscle than I do. I have nice muscle tone and shape, but my guns aren't as big as yours are. I'm working on that though! :-)
u don't want to hurt yourself, just do what u need to do to keep active without overdoing it. you are very inspiring with all you do!
Your knee pain is your body's way of telling you to slow down, so I'm glad you heeded the call :) An knee injury would only sidline you for a longer period of time and leave you really frustrated. You chose well!
Your post reminds me that I need to change it up on the treadmill every so often and jump on the elliptical too. Will do that today!
Post a Comment