(First off, a huge {{HUG}} and thank you shout out to my dear friend Kate! Thank you for checking in on me this morning, to see how how my marathon went. Your words of encouragement, and the fact that you remembered and were thinking of me means so much to me. You're such an inspiration!!!!)
For anyone else who may be interested. We went over on Saturday, and stayed the night in a Hotel close to where the Half-marathon was to be held. On our way there, it was storming really bad and we heard that there was a Tornado warning close to where we live. So we were saying a prayer that we would still have a house when we returned.
We got over there, and I picked up my packet. (My shirt, my number and safety pins, and a bunch of free samples.) Then we went over and checked into our hotel, and immediately the boys wanted to go swimming (I made sure to get one with an indoor pool). After we swam for awhile, we got ready to go eat dinner. I had called Ken, but my Aunt Linda and cousin Taran weren't there yet, and our boys were "starving", so we went ahead and went to dinner by ourselves.
We then came back and took the boys swimming again. We got them in bed around 9:30pm, since we were going to have an early morning on race day.
I of course didn't sleep very well. I was having nightmares about over-sleeping and being late for the race, and then I was having nightmares that drug dealers were taking over the hotel, and I was fighting them and tyring to get away, while yelling at Stephen to shoot them! (crazy, i know!) So I was relieved to get up at 4:30am, when my alarm went off. We got up, got ready and left our hotel room at 5:20am, to take the boys to I-hop for breakfast. On our way there, my Aunt Linda called me. The race had been cancelled. At 3:40am that morning, we were getting some major storms, with hail and high winds, and flash flooding. The race route was flooded, and they called the race off because more storms were expected that morning. I was so utterly disappointed. What made it even worse, was that once we had got up at 4:30 that morning, it wasn't storming and it never stormed or rained a single drop for the rest of the day! I guess the route could have still been under water though. But still, it was a total let down, to have it cancelled at the last minute.
So, we took our time and enjoyed a nice quiet breakfast. Then we went back to the hotel and let the boys swim again. We then got ready and drove over to Cabellas. We had never been there before, but heard it was like Bass Pro, and since we were so close, why not. It was really fun. We spent most of the morning and early afternoon there. (We took a few pictures at the hotel before we left, and then I also snapped some at cabellas. click here if you want to see them, they are on my other blog). We were all exhausted, so we came home and crashed on the couch and watched some movies. It was a nice, relaxing evening, and we got in bed early. It was great and I was sleeping like a log, until every device Stephen owns was ringing or beeping at 1:30 am this morning....he got paged into work. When I woke up to my alarm at 6:20 this morning, he was cuddled up to me in bed, and whispered to me that the coffee was ready for me. He is such a sweetie!!!! (The word "Coffee" is definitely music to my ears in the morning. LoL! he then caught a few more hours of sleep before getting up and going back to work).
So it was a fun weekend, even though I didn't get to run the half-marathon that I have been training for, for the past 13 weeks. Hopefully they will re-schedule it. If not, I will just find another one to start training for.
Best Roller Skates Under $50
-
Roller skating is a kind of sport and one can practice roller skating with
the roller skates. The roller skates come in different designs and with
differ...
5 years ago

4 comments:
Aww man, I would totally be bummed too, but at least you got to totally relax when you got back to the hotel! When things like this happen, I always believe God is protecting me from something, no matter how mad/dissapointed I am. So maybe that's what happened with you! Anywho, I'm sure you'll be able to run another one soon :).
Wow Kandy! First of all...I feel like a failure as a friend. I PROMISE you I WAS thinking about you but shame on me for not taking the time to check in. (whack-whack--the sound of me slapping my self!)
What a bummer about the race being cancelled!! Will it be rescheduled? All that training and preparing....ugh! But I agree with Demi--who knows what problems there could have been (other than God) and He is always watching out for us! I'm anxious to hear what your next "plans" are fitness-wise!
Love you girl and I really am so sorry that I didn't check with you sooner about this! xoxo!
Hey Kandy girl,
I can only imagine how disappointed you were, but let me just tell you that I am SO proud of you for putting in all those miles, all that hard work these past 13 weeks. If I know you, you'll brush this off and start setting your sights on another race to train for, should they not reschedule this one.
You've been so motivating to me as I've trained w/ you - thanks for always giving me the adivce I needed to hear on days when I wasn't as "into" it as I could have been. Those days when the miles seemed too long, I thought "Kandy's doing it - you've just got to buck up and do it too!" You ROCK!
Keep me posted on what happens,
Kate
Oh I am so sorry to hear it was cancelled. But it sounds like you had good family time together, so that is good. There's one in Jenks, OK on 5/16 if you're interested...
Post a Comment