Saturday, February 25, 2012

Spring is almost here!

Yea!!! I LOVE Spring and Summer.  They are my favorite times of the year. 
Yes, I am still running regularly.  My husband also got me a year pass to our local rec center, so I have been doing more cross training and lifting weights again.  I can't even describe to you how great that feels, and how happy that sweet man makes me.  We even go workout together when the kids are at school, on my hubby's days off. 
He is also going to run his first half-marathon with me, on Memorial Day!  I am so excited!!! I've never ran a race with anyone.  Always alone.  So this will be FUN!  I can't wait to run with him, and cross that finish line together.  :-D 

The fall and winter were super busy, but thanks to "my fitness pal", an app on my phone, I was able to keep track of my nutrition/calories and my exercise.  Therefore, I did NOT gain the usually 10lbs of winter weight.  Yea!!!  I was able to keep the weight off all winter, and let me tell you, that is a major accomplishment for me.  Normally at this time of year, I am depressed and desperately trying to shed the 10lbs of winter weight, so that i can fit into my spring/summer clothes again...heck, fit into ANY of my clothes again. Ha!  But thanks to this amazing app, it has kept me on track.  When I can SEE my calories consumed vs. calories burned, it really helps to motivate you and keep you from throwing all of that hard work away. 

Anyway, I am simply avoiding doing my "appraisal-online school" work....guess I better get started on it.  This particular class is just soooo boring, it is hard to get through it.  Ugh!   

1 comment:

Chris said...

Spring is one of my favorite times of year as well. I feel so blessed we have had such a warm and early spring in my area.